This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from country to country.
Products Covered By This Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty extends to Products purchased through the Service.
This limited warranty does not extend to:
- Any device that is not manufactured by Safelet (including, without limitation, any non-Safelet product that is attached to or used in connection with the Product, such as batteries);
- Any software embedded in the Product;
- A Product or part of the Product that (i) has been altered, modified (e.g., to alter functionality or capability) or serviced by anyone who is not a representative of Safelet or (ii) inserted or installed in a casing not provided by Safelet;
- Damage caused by use with non-Safelet products;
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes; or
- Damage caused by water;
- Damage caused by operating the Product outside the permitted or intended uses described by Safelet or with improper voltage or power supply.
Who This Limited Warranty Extends To:
This limited warranty extends to the original purchaser of any Product. All Safelet warranties, including any implied warranties, are valid only for the period of time the Product is owned by the original purchaser of the Product. The “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this warranty, is the first purchaser of the Product from Safelet or a Safelet authorized reseller.
PLEASE RETAIN A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE. All Safelet limited warranties are non-transferable.
Safelet’s Limited Warranty And Responsibilities
Safelet warrants the Product contained in its original packaging against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the time the Product is purchased. Safelet’s sole and exclusive liability and your sole remedy under this limited warranty will be, at Safelet’s option, to (a) repair the Product, at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or (b) replace the Product with a new or refurbished Product, subject in each case to the fulfillment of “Your Responsibilities” below. Safelet will provide you with a replacement of the Product within 45 days of Safelet’s receipt of your defective Product, at Safelet’s expense.
This limited warranty will be void if in Safelet’s reasonable opinion the defective condition was caused in whole or in part by your misuse, neglect, testing, attempts to repair, or any other cause beyond normal usage, or by accident, fire, or other hazard. Repair or replacement Products will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may apply in your jurisdiction.
The Product which you consider defective must be returned to Safelet in accordance with the following:
- To return your Safelet, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a Returns Form to complete with instructions.
- If your Return Request is accepted you will receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number that must be mentioned on the outside of the return package
- You must return the Product in either its original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, to the address set forth at the end of this limited warranty
- All Safelet modules and accessories originally included with your Product must be included with your package
- You must provide Safelet with proof of the original date of purchase and Return Request Form
It is your responsibility to backup any data, software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the Product. It is likely that such data, software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during service, and Safelet will not be responsible for any such damage or loss. Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this limited warranty.
Disclaimer; Limitation Of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
SOME COUNTRIES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SAFELET OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF OR CORRUPTION TO DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PRODUCT OR ITS USE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INDEMNITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF SAFELET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. SAFELET’S TOTAL LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SAFELET WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS REPRODUCING ANY DATA STORED IN THE PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED IN THE PRODUCT.
Governing Law – Miscellaneous
This limited warranty will be governed by the laws of the Netherlands. No Safelet reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this limited warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
Hasebroekstraat 28 H