Prior to proceeding with the below set up steps please ensure that you have made yourself aware of and accept our Disclaimer and Warranty Policies which are available in the footer section on our website as well as in your packaging. Once you have understood these policies and accept the terms laid out by Safelet BV then only proceed with the below installation. By continuing with installation and proceeding to use the Safelet bracelet and the Safelet app will be seen as acknowledgement as acceptance of these terms.
Step One – Charging the Bracelet
- Connect the three pins of the charger to the three connectors on the inside of the Hero Safelet Model.
- When you connect the charger correctly two things will happen:
- You will feel a short vibration
- In the display you will see the battery symbol that indicates that charging is taking place correctly.
Step Two – Download the Safelet App
- Go to the Apple App Store if you have an Iphone or to the Google Play store if you have an Android.
- Search for Safelet
- Install the Safelet App
- Open the Safelet App
Step Three – Create an Account
- When you open the Safelet App for the first time you will be asked to create an account.
- Press the “Create Account” option.
- Once you have selected this follow the prompts.
- Enter your email address
- Create a Password
- If you see a “log in” tab here ignore this and press “Create Account” to complete this step.
- NB the email address you use here is very important for account recovery if something goes wrong. Please remember the address that you use here.
- You will then be guided to further fill in your name, number and to add a profile picture.
- The final step will ask you to join the Safelet Guardian Network. This means that if somebody needs your help and you are within a 200 m radius you will receive an alarm.
Step Four – Create a Safety Network
- In this step you are going to invite your friends, family, co-workers and others to become your Guardians. During an emergency these people will receive your alarm with your location.
- To do this press the “+” sign
- Your contact list will now be loaded onto the app. This may take some time.
- Once your contacts have loaded scroll through to find your desired Guardians.
- Select “Request as Guardian” for everyone that you would like to invite.
- They will then receive a text prompting them to guard you and download the app.
- When the person you requested installs the Safelet App and accepts your invitation, they will show up in the “My Connections” section of the App.
- By pressing the “+” sign again you can select additional Guardians.
Step Five – Connecting your Bracelet
- Firstly check that the bracelet is charged. If you press the button, the display should read, “READY FOR CONNECTION”. If the display remains black, charge the bracelet further.
- Open the menu by pressing the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Select the “Connect Safelet” Option.
- Press “Next”
- Press the ONE BUTTON on your hero model. (NB to neglect the text that reads to press “both buttons”. The current hero model only has and requires one button.
- Once you have pressed the button of your Hero Safelet model, you should see the message: “CONNECTED” on your bracelet.
- Should you not see this message just hold the button down again and retry.
- You should then see a screen notifying you of the successful connection. Push “OK” on your App to complete this process.
- Once your bracelet is connected you should be able to tap on the screen (not the button) at any stage to view the time.
Connection Status for Android
–To check the status of your connection you can open the notification area (pull down the screen).
You will see the Safelet Icon with one of the following messages:
1 – Protected by X people – This message means that the Safelet and the phone are within range and are connected. If you press the button of the Hero, you will now activate the alarm
2- No Connection. Lost Connection to Safelet – This means that the Safelet and the phone are out of reach. There is NO CONNECTION. Pressing the button of the Safelet will not activate an alarm.
3 – No Connection. Connecting to Device – This means that the Safelet app is trying to reconnect. If the Safelet and phone are in reach the connection will be established again.
4 – No Connection. Bluetooth Disabled – Turn on Bluetooth
5 – Unprotected. No Internet Connection – You have no internet connection. If you are not connected to WiFI or mobile internet, you can not send an alarm to your guardians.
Connection Status for Iphone
- To check the status of your connection you can open the menu of the Safelet App.
You will see a grey text box with the following messages:
1 – Safelet Connected. Battery level XX% – This message means that the Safelet and the phone are within range and are connected. If you press the button of the Hero, you will now activate the alarm.
2 – Lost Connection with Safelet – This means that the Safelet and the phone are out of reach. There is NO CONNECTION. Pressing the button of the Safelet will not activate the alarm.
3 – Bluetooth Powered Off – Turn on Bluetooth.
4 – No Internet Connection – You have no internet connection. If you are not connected to Wifi or Mobile Internet, you can not send an alarm to your Guardians.
Activating the Alarm
- To Activate the alarm you simply push the button
- You will feel a short vibration of the Hero Safelet to indicate that you activated the alarm.
- A text will be displayed: “Alarm sent to Guardians”.
How Guardians Receive an Alarm:
- They will hear the Safelet alar sound (unless they have put their volume on mute)
- They will receive an alarm notification with the following text: “X needs your help”
- When they open the notification, the alarm screen of the App will open. If this does not automatically open the alar screen – guardians can press “Events” tab to gain access.
- Guardians will see your location
- As soon as a Guardian confirms “I’m on my Way”, the location of said guardian will display on the map. This will also send a message to the Safelet confirming that the Guardian is “on the way”
- The Guardians can listen to a sound recording (this will be saved in the app for future reference)
- They can use the chat box to co-ordinate the best response with each other
- They can call network emergency services (labelled as 911)
Disconnect Safelet from Phone when they are in close proximity:
- There are a couple reasons that you may want to disconnect the relationship between your mobile phone and a Safelet.
- You want to connect your phone to a different Safelet
- You want to connect your Safelet to a different phone
- If the Safelet and the phone are in close proximity you can use the disconnect option in the menu. Open the menu and press “Disconnect Safelet” option
- You will see the following text block appear: “Are your sure that you want to disconnect your Safelet?”, press “yes” to finish the disconnect process.
- If however you see the following text appear: “Your Safelet is not currently connected. Are your sure you want to remove the relation with your Safelet from your phone only?” Then the devices need to disconnected separately.
- Disconnect the phone connection as above.
- Further reset your Safelet by holding the alar button down for 30 seconds.
- When you press the alar button again you should see “READY FOR CONNECTION”.